Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Car Accident

Just now I read one of my friend's blog. She told about how she accidently slip at staircase and had minor injury. Luckly it was not a serious injury. Reading her story made me want to share mine. Few months back (on 14th August 2008 to be exact), I had an accident. I was on my way to the office after sending my son to the babysitter's house. The accident happened about 2-3km from the house. I was driving my little Kancil up a hilly road (the roads at that area is quite hilly), when i suddenly crashed faced to faced with another kancil coming from the opposite direction (in front of me). I really did not notice the car. I didnt even realize when I hit the car. The driver, who was a young lady (I assume around 22-24) said I was in her lane. As I didnt really remember and realize what actually happened, I just took whatever she said as true. Maybe I did got into her lane. Maklum jer lah, jalan kampung memang sempit. Nak berselisih pun susah. Somehow mesti termasuk lane org.. kan.


My little kancil
Some villagers and people passed by stopped to help. I was a bit stuck but still be able to get out of my car. It seemed to me that the young lady did not injured herself, as she could easily get out of her car and walked. Alhamdulillah I did not had any serious injury. Luckly I weared my seat belt that day. It saved me from any serious head injury. I got a cut in my mouth, between the nose and mouth, which was due to knocked at the steering. It caused me difficulty to speak and smile for almost 1 week. I suffered chest pain due to the impact of accident, during the first two weeks. I also suffered from knee injury. I still feel the pain until today when I do certain movement. And now when my body's weight increases due to pregnancy, the load on my knee also increases. Its painful especially during praying.


The other kancil I hit
Apa2 pun, Sy bersyukur sgt2 sbb masa accident Adam was not with me. Cant imagine if he was inside the car. Org2 kampung ckp kat situ mmg selalu org accident. Org kata tempat tu 'keras'.. wallahualam. Sy jugak bersyukur sbb tak mengalami kecederaan yg serius, sungguhpun kecederaan kereta boleh dikatakan agak serius. Nilai kerosakan berjumlah RM6850. Oleh kerana insured value kereta kancil saya rendah, insuran cuma membayar RM4000 sahaja, manakala selebihnya perlu ditanggung oleh saya. It took more than 4 months to settle everything.. insurance n fixing the car. Baru2 ni dah dapat balik kancil tu. But the condition is no longer the same as before. Bunyi enjin kasar jer. Bawak pun tak brape best. Tp boleh la pakai kalo nak drive dekat2. My hubby doesnt encourage me to travel to work everyday using that kancil, especially masa tgh mengandung ni. Tapi sebenarnya sy lagi suka naik kancil tu, minyak jimat. Dah la distance from home to office 50km. Dengan keadaan jalan yg byk lori dan batu2, sayang nak drive nissan tu.


Moral of the story.. sentiasa lah berhati2 ketika memandu. Always be prepared.. anytime.. anywher.. coz anything could happen to you. Some people asked whether I became phobia to drive after the accident. Alhamdulillah, Im not. I can still drive. Did I cry after the accident? No I did not cry immedietly after the accident. But I cried 2-3 hours after that...huhuhu.. Lambat skit impact dia. Tambahan pulak nangis sebab sakit sgt lutut yg cedera tu.

7 comments:

areT said...

waw..kancil berlaga dgn kancil.gajah mati di tgh2...aku rasa kan tak salah sapa2...kawasan berbukit mmg payah nak tau ada keta depan ke tak kan...alhamdulillah kau okay..tp kos repair mahai kan...macam bleh beli keta lain je

k a s e h K A M I said...

hehehe.. itulah dia kancil dua serupa! :) anyhow kuatlah semangat kau ema ek! izan pun masa baru dapat lesen, 2 kali eksiden kat sekolah. 1st langgar pagar sekolah, 2nd time langgar bas sekolah plak. Entah mcmana bas punya besar i tak nampak kat depan. Hehehe.. Dah nak kena..

Irma said...

Ati:mmg kdg2 x nampak kete dr depan sbb slope bukit tu. kos repair mmg mahal cam bleh beli kete lain. tpi kalo beli kete lain kene bayar bulan2 plak. kete kancil aku tu dah abis bayar.

Izan:Ima pun ade baca entry psl izan accident tu. tp ok la masa tu izan baru dpt lesen. Ima ni dah bertahun bawak kete pun bleh accident. tu la dah nak jadi kan..

Fazira Albaijure said...

takpe kak, pasti ada hikmah di sebalik setiap kejadian. byk2 bersyukur~ :)

re: projek coating le kak. wat thermal barrier coating. nk join ke? mehla bljr kat sini, technician sy leh bg trening hehehe..

Anonymous said...

heh irma, nasib baik tade apa2. takpelah ada hikmahnya. tapi 3 jam tu baru nangis, kalau aku kat situ gak..haha..

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear this beb
hope u are ok..
once after an accident i find it difficult to drive for quite sometime

Irma said...

ainee: kalo aku nangis kejap tu pun bukan ade sape bleh pujuk... huhuhu

wanie: mula2 risau gak kot2 jadi phobia nak drive. tp kalo aku phobia la kan.. kene upah driver la plak nak anta aku gi keje kan.. lg susah