Friday, May 23, 2008

R&D Day and MC

Last night I was informed by my boss (thru sms) that I was nominated to be co-MC for the R&D Day. I was not surprised, but more disappointed. Earlier, about 2 days ago, I was told by the head of my sub-committee of R&D Day, that I was nominated as back-up MC. I didn’t agree. But what can I say? I was nominated by my Director. I can’t refuse to take the task, or else I won’t get any bonus this coming July. Furthermore we just had our appraisal last 2 weeks. Arrrgghh..

I wonder why Mr Director nominated me. I have no experience being MC. I am still new with the company. 2 years is still considered junior executive. I proved nothing to him that I can be an MC. I don’t know if can deliver the task. In fact I have not yet deliver the article he asked me to write. How can he nominated me to handle for such big event, where Tun Musa Hitam, Dato Seri Zubir and Dato Azhar will be the guests of honour. There are many others who capable of being MC, those with fluent English, not me. Aarrrrgghh..

I’m not just worried about delivering the task. Preparation is another thing. Who will prepare the script? I am taking a 1 week leave the whole next week. My baby sitter is taking a leave from Monday to Wednesday, and we are going back to my hubby’s kampong on Tuesday’s night till Sunday. We have bought flight ticket for that, which we had planned much earlier. Its RM400 tau!!! The worst thing is there will be a full rehearsal on Friday, where we will be still in kampong. We can’t just cancel the ticket. If we want to change the date, we have to pay few hundreds more. And that is why my hubby was so upset last nite. I am extremely upset too. I don’t know what to do. I am trapped!!!

I once was advised by my boss. He said “if the company calls u to come to work, even during the weekend or during your holiday, you must come back”. At that time we were asked to come on Sunday to work because some VIP wanted to visit our labs. But I didn’t show up because we were in kampong. What a coincident. Everytime balik kampong also. So this time, I have no reason to refuse.

The only solution I can think about right now is come back earlier. We will still go back to Kelantan on Tuesday night, but my son and I will come back to Sepang on Friday morning, so that I can still attend the rehearsal, and know what to do on Monday the R&D Day. I hope its worth for what I am sacrificing.

0 comments: